Practicality


Something that I have learned as a mom is that there is absolutely no practicality to all of the super cute stuff that we have babies wear. The only point to it is that it (whatever it happens to be) is so dang cute that we have to have our baby wear it.

For example: why in the world would I put Caleb in overalls? because the only thing to do with such an adorable article of clothing is put it on an adorable baby. Naturally it is difficult to get on him, and off of him, not to mention leave on him while changing his diaper, but nobody remembers that bit. And booties-well, there isn't much to say about booties, the baby can't walk yet. There is just something so cute about baby shoes. No wonder babies attract the ladies. There is just no resisting so much cuteness radiating from one tiny little adorable person.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

profound thoughts...except the baby part extends for years....truvn

Cassy said...

Okay, I just figured out this comment thing! (I am slow sometimes) But I loved reading your comments. I've often thought--like with this article--that is so true. I have several frilly dresses that look so cute, but is it really that comfortable? That my girls endured for me the 3 hours of church till we took it off so it didn't get too dirty or ruined!! And shoes--my girls are true cooks! No shoes needed. I've lost so many pairs at parks, friends, even in my own house!