It was a year ago that I was recovering from surgery. I guess it is one of those series of events that I won't ever forget. I was thinking today about the agonizing pain, the worry, and the inconvenience that was caused by the positioning of the uterus. (here I am again, just a couple weeks away from the end of the semester...)Not the most fun experience that I have in my memory. There is an echo of an ache in my kidney just thinking about it.
But then I got to thinking (nursing gives me plenty of time to think...) how all that went on a year ago was so worth it! Caleb is worth all of that and then some. In fact, if it came down to it, I would do it again. Caleb's two-tooth smiles and hugs, his curiosity, how quick he learns, the silly comando crawl that he is so good at, his blue eyes (a perfect copy of Devin's), all of it, I wouldn't miss it for anything. I love it all. So so worth it. I am not saying that mommying is easy. It isn't. (teething and no sleep for starters) But worth it-yes most definately.
It wan't supposed to be easy, but it is supposed to be worth it.
4 comments:
How true!! And what a good reminder--for me. Thank you. Kylee's delivery was very hard, and I'm nervous. I pray for a delivery more like Karla's.
I will admit, this pregnancy has been so easy I know the Lord is blessing me. And yet, me of little faith, fears the delivery part just a bit.
Anyway, I babble, Thank you for reminding me!!
I love the quote you put down "It's wasn't suppose to be easy, but it is supposed to be worth it". I keep reminding myself all the time LOL! Justin was an easy pregnancy but Annalisa was an easy delivery. It takes me back to when my kids were born loved every minute of it.
Okay, I have Todd actually sitting here--instead of me reading it to him from across the house. He votes for Devin's music. I would have to disagree with him there, but there you have it!!
Todd says "Yeah, Devin would put that song on it."
Yeah devin and his music...
And I hope that i wan't being confusing, the pic on this post is from June, not march. I don't have pics of the episode last march...
Post a Comment