Love that kid!
Peas Please
Caleb has been saying new words every day. Sometimes he says something for a few days before I realize what it is he is saying. It is amazing how his language skills have just exploded this last couple of weeks.
Well today Caleb was all excited about going outside. He even went and got his own shoes and hat, then he brought me my shoes. Usually I am the one that suggests going outside to play. He kept putting his hands on the door and saying 'peas, peas, peas' and I would ask him 'you want to go outside?'. He would nod his head and say peas again. I thought that he was saying please please please. (one of his new words...) Well I opened the door to let him out like usual but he wouldn't go out without me. I figured he wanted me to take the lid off of the sand box, so I let him lead me out and down the porch steps. He led me right past the sand box and on to our small patch of peas. Then I understood. He hadn't been saying please at all. He had been saying peas peas peas! And he wanted some now! So we picked some peas and came in to eat them. He loves them like that, strait off the plant. He even picks them out of the pod himself. He finished then repeated the whole process (sans putting the shoes on again) for more peas.
Love that kid!
Love that kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute!
I have had the same experience where it's like "oh that's what you said. Yeah, I hear it now. You've been saying that for a while haven't you?" These kids are amazing. My kiddos helped me shell peas this year. Kaylyn was not going to be left out. I think she ate a few entire pods but hey. Enjoy it!! And we love you.
Post a Comment