Camping, the climb, and the 4th

Devin didn't have school last thursday or friday, so we decided to go on a camping trip before the 4th of July festivities. We camped at the trailhead of Palisades Creek. Caleb thought camping was pretty cool, until night time, when he had to sleep in the tent. (We found out the next day that he was teething, so he would have been up a bunch at home or outdoors...)
Early friday morning we broke camp, loaded up and embarked on a 4-mile hike up to the lower palisades lake. We left camp at 7:30 and got to the lake a little after 9:30. Caleb slept the whole way up! (see below) The trail was amazing. We saw wild roses (some places the air smelled of roses :) wild strawberries, wild raspberries, cedar trees, a moose, a variety of wild flowers, and beautiful scenery. I am very glad that we took this trip, because I am sore all over, and this was supposed to be a shorter, easier hike than Table Rock which we are planning to do later this summer. I will conquer, I will!



As for the 4th of July, we had a good one! Below is a picture of Caleb enjoying the Rexburg parade from the sidelines. And, my favorite float, the Broulim's (local grocer) Shopping Cart/go-cart. I liked it...


Hope you all had an excellent holiday! We love you all!

4 comments:

Cassy said...

We meant to go camping and then Todd needed to do somethings Friday morning (his day off) so we stuck close to home and just played. I'm glad you had fun. You can conquer! I believe in you.

Jones Family said...

Looks like fun! I love the shopping cart!

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a whole lot of fun!

Elaina said...

Looks like fun we haven't gone camping since the first year of being married. So that was almost 6 years ago. Wow! The Broulim's shopping cart is huge! Wow.