Relax and regroup

Lately, I have been doing lots of reading and enjoying the outdoors. Caleb is loving the outdoors too. In the evenings we like to spread a blanket out on our lawn and play with toys or blow bubbles. Last Saturday Devin and I finished building a box around my new strawberry patch, complete with chicken-wire cover to keep the birds and neighbor kids out ;) The grass seeds and daisy seeds that we planted are starting to come up and the dig of mint that I got from my neighbor is also doing well. In sum, life is good. Devin is gone pretty much every bit of the week, but we have our weekends together and life is going great.





Once again for Memorial Day Weekend we went out to Gilmore to be away and to enjoy the outdoor wildernessishness. Despite the unfavorable weather forecast, the weather was beautiful! Not to hot, not to cold, just right for being outdoors. Last year memorial day happened to be the week before I delivered Caleb, so (if you care to go back and check) there is a picture of me with my pregnant belly shooting. For old time sake I decided to take my shot-of-the-year again in Gilmore. (Shooting is not my thing, but I am learning to be a good sport about it...) On our way back home we stopped to see the old Charcoal Kilns (beehive looking things in above pics). They were interesting.

And since I have been a slacker: Last Sunday we went up to Yellowstone on a day trip with some of Devin's family. It was also a beautiful day to be outdoors. I thought I might include a couple of those pics here as well.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for good weather and cute nephews!

Elaina said...

Love the summer but not the heat. Looks like a lot of fun and your boy is getting so big and cute!!

Sherri said...

We were saying how Devin is ALWAYS holding Caleb....then we remembered that is because Em is holding the camera!!

Cassy said...

Todd says "Devin looks a lot like Grandpa Nef in the picture with the four wheeler." just younger