Arlene

A couple of months ago the lady I work for asked me if I would be her Diner girl 'Arlene' for her daughter's birthday party. Knowing that Diane's birthday parties are always amazingly awesome I told her I would love to be her diner girl. I spent most of the day Thursday helping Diane dress her kitchen as a 1950s Diner, then Friday I went in to get 1950s hair and donned the Diner girl costume Diane had made for me and headed to the party! Now the pictures are much better at telling you about the party than I am:











Party outline:
  • Girls arrive and get in matching pink and brown P.J.s that say Eat-Sleep-Scrap on the front
  • Girls have their pictures taken (there was a professional photographer)
  • Girls are given a lesson in photo taking, then spend some time taking pictures (they were each given a disposable camera)
  • Girls come to Arlene's Diner for dinner while photos are being developed
  • Cake and presents
  • Girls go to a local scrapbook store and learn special scrapping techniques and put together a darling scrapbook to take home (they were also each given $5 to spend at the scrapbook store)
  • Girls return to Arlene's Diner and Ice Cream shoppe for desserts
  • Girls watch a movie (it was a late-over party)
Some party!! It was fun for me to be a part of it!

5 comments:

Cassy said...

woot-woo!! This would have been a good era for you!!

Sarah said...

Wow. Quite the hair.

Jordan said...

So much fun! and you look great with that hair-do

Sherri said...

How very fun!! Way to celebrate!

Elaina said...

Looks like fun! Love the pictures of your hair especially the crazy looking one LOL!