Why I love family pictures

Since Christmas is around the corner we needed to take pictures for our Christmas Card. We had a wonderful spontaneous photo shoot with my cousin Anne. (quite spur of the moment...)
What I love most is how perfectly genuine all of the pictures are. Here is a small sampling of our great photos. (These are not the 'family photo' picks, so don't get confused.)





















So, you might ask why there aren't a bunch of Adelle pictures. Well, she was asleep. And Caleb was just being so cute and cooperative. Therefore there are a ton of excellent candid pictures of Caleb (and me).

Ok, and while I am at it...It melts my heart when Caleb does stuff that he sees Daddy do. Like putting the flower in my ear. (Well I suppose it follows that he wants to kiss mommy just like daddy) And lately he always wants to wear a hat when he leaves the house, just like daddy. I simply love how Caleb wants to be just like his dad. I love my boys!

6 comments:

Cassy said...

And what a good daddy!! You guys look very cute. Love you guys.

Sherri said...

Cute is an understatement. Your little family is a heartwarming picture of love. Sweetness. All the colors look beautiful too!

Marlise said...

Great pictures! Go, Anne! That's what we were missing....a photographer who's not IN the family pictures! Note to self: have someone ELSE try to take my family pictures! :) You guys look great.

Jones Family said...

SUPER cute! I absolutely love the one of Caleb giving you a hug...you better be framing that one! I am finding I take a lot less pictures of Amelia as a tiny baby. Really, she was sleeping most of the time- just like Adelle! Now with her cute smile and personality the camera is out and snapping again! Just wait- Adelle will be in her fill of photos soon!

PS- are you interested in any hand-me-over girl clothes? I've been going through my girls things and paring down. Let me know when you'll be in town and I'll put it all together for you.

Elaina said...

Love the pics! I guess it's been a while since I've checked my blog friends pages. Been busy being pregnant and having another little boy about a little of a month ago. Didn't know you had another kid. She's so cute. Your son has grown up so fast and is so handsome. My oldest son likes to do every thing like daddy. He has a cowboy hat like daddy and dresses like a cowboy like daddy. There song I can't remember the name but the chorus is, "I've been watching you daddy aint that cool" They sing that song all the time.

emily jean said...

That song is on my playlist - in the sidebar. I like it too.