What Does Devin Do When He is Away

You all probably wonder what I am up to when I am not at home. In February my brother got this wild idea to cut down the trees that are in his mobile home park. It is located in Roberts, Idaho. He rented a 45 foot lift to help assist us in trimming the trees. Unfortunately the lift only got us half way up the trees. Other things that I did last month, Emily and I went to her parent’s house for Valentines Weekend. Two weeks later I went to Boise to visit family.

On March 3, my brother rented a 100 foot lift to finish cutting down the trees in Roberts.

On Thursday, March 4, my friend Steve, my brother Trent, Jesus the Mexican, and myself started working on bringing down the rest of the trees. We worked on them from 8:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. or later all week. My brother and his wife had planned to take a trip all this past week leaving me in charge of finishing the trees. Needless to say, with lots of pain and a few near death experiences, Jesus, Steve, and I worked from sunup to sundown for the past week to cut down the trees.

After having two chainsaws carburetors rebuilt, one flat tire on the skid loader, a 42,000 pound roadblock, that we had to have pulled just about anywhere we needed it, and one new chain for a chainsaw, we finished the job. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt, the lift didn't collapse, and the skid loader ran fine we finished with the trees on Friday, March 12. To celebrate we had a huge bonfire to show for all of our hard work. I am thankful that I am able to work even if it is cutting down trees.

Left to Right: Jesus, Devin, Steve
Behind: 42,000 Lb Roadblock (Lift)
Jesus up in the Lift
Looking down at Steve in the skid loader
6 hrs later the finished product

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Trent told us about this, but when Todd saw the pictures he said--wow those are huge trees!! Glad all are safe and sound.

Cassy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Lois said...

Devin, that is amazing. You worked really, really hard for your family and then said you were glad you had work. I realize that is what a man would say. I have never met you, but I am glad our Emily has a real man.