Boy I tell you this baby boy sure keeps us on our toes. Here's the happy news of the week however: my baby liked to lay breech, or sideways (head to my left, feet to my right). earlier in pregnancy this is not a problem, in fact it is pretty well expected that the baby will be wherever he wants to be, but as I came closer and closer to my due date he was still in that position. My doctor had planned to have me schedule and External Version where he would turn the baby from the outside for next week if my baby was still breech at my appointment yesterday. He wanted to be absolutely certain that we knew where that baby was positioned before we made such an appointment, so he took me strait in for a quick ultrasound, and the baby's head was down! just a couple of hours earlier he was still sideways, so he literally turned right before my appointment :) I was so thrilled I cried.
With that little detail of positioning taken care of I approached my doctor about the possibility of delivering with a midwife if he is not on-call when I go to deliver (there are 3 midwives that are part of the same clinic he works in). I explained to him that I would be more comfortable with a midwife than a doctor I was not familiar with. He considered and told me yes that would be fine if I would like that since my heart is stable and my cardiologist said things there should be great, I have tolerated the stent in my urinary tract very well, and the baby is now in position. Then he invited me to deliver with a midwife regardless of whether he is on call or not. He wants me to follow up the remainder of my appointments with the midwives and he is going to talk to them about me and tell them what to expect and do should anything unexpected happen while I am in labor. Just a couple of months ago the possibility of having a midwife was out of the question. I left the office in a very happy mood.
1 comment:
That's awesome news! I hope all goes well for you--I'm glad there's been a turn around in expectations! :)
Post a Comment