Caleb


Well Adelle isn't the only one that is growing big around here. I thought that I should say a few things about what Caleb is up to these days. This morning I had Adelle in the car seat while I made myself some breakfast. Caleb came in and started playing with her. She loved it. Especially when he began to play This Little Piggy with her toes. I tried to get a video, but he stopped once I had the camera. He absolutely loves being a big brother. He likes to show 'his baby' off when we go places. He is also becoming a fabulous helper. A couple of days ago I was having a tough day and he could tell, so after dinner he started to take the dishes to the dishwasher and put away the leftovers all by himself. It is great to get some help around here ;)

Caleb has been learning his colors. He can name most colors accurately. He is so proud of himself when he names the colors. He is also learning shapes. In general he is talking more and more. I am often surprised at his rapidly expanding vocabulary. And he melts my heart when he unexpectedly says things like 'love you' (when I was putting him to bed) or 'see ya' (this morning to Devin as he left for school).

3 comments:

Cassy said...

I LOVE that you get to blog more these days. It is fun for me to keep up on your family especially when you live so far away. Your kids are so cute. And I totally know what you mean about them stopping as soon as you pull our the camera.

Breanna said...

That's kind of cute I used to play little piggy with his toes!!

Sherri said...

It is sobering to think that the things you say around the house he will learn and repeat. Words are not the only thing he learns, you know. Watching his parents clear up the dishes is where he learned that of course.

Good job playing house with those cute dolls, Em!!