Table Mountain

We did it! We got to the top of Table Mountain! This was the hike we have been working up to all summer long! Devin was so very determined to take me up Table Rock, I hope that I was a good sport about it. Here is a photo review of our trip:

7:20 am, we arrive at the trail head. Caleb is really pumped up:

Caleb and Daddy, all ready to go:

A good hour into the hike we were passing some other hikers who were resting on the trail, so I asked them to take a picture:

Sleeper:

Yes we climbed that:

On the Top:

Caleb and the Grand (Teton):

The Grand, The Middle, and the South (those are the three big beautiful mountains that everyone comes to this area to see, and the reason to climb Table Mountain):

Us at the top:

Can you see them? there are 2 Moose in those trees:

That is pretty much what the whole trail down looked like:

So Devin made the hike sound easier than it was. Over 8 hours in a backpack is about the equivalent of a 12 hour drive in a car seat for Caleb. After doing the hike I can't believe that Devin carried Caleb up and down all that. Insanity! It was great to be together as a family, and I will say that the view of the Tetons was absolutely breathtaking. Was it worth it? I will let you know when my calves stop aching...

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Hiking is awesome. Thank you, Devin for finding and taking Em on this cool hike.

What a joy!! Your darling family is a light and a strengh to our family.

Cassy said...

Way to go!!