Well, for now we have misplaced our camera, so a blog without pictures will have to do. We have just returned from a wonderful vacation starting with a few nights with my lonely dad (since my family was away on an eastern US tour). Dad took us out on the boat on our way to a family reunion, Caleb actually loved the boat--sigh of relief, and he didn't really much mind the much to big for him life vest. Devin got to try my dad's new water toy the wake surf (I think that is what it is called) and I got some time on my favorite knee board :)
After the lake it was on to the Smurthwaite Family Reunion in Colorado. I am so thankful to my dad for driving us there in the motor home, I was able to nurse Caleb and we were able to eat and nap while on the road. (honestly I wouldn't not have dreamed of making the trip if we were not to ride with my dad) What fun there was to be had with the Smurthwaites! Caleb had his first trip to a zoo as part of the reunion. Devin and I also found an opportunity to leave Caleb with my mom for an afternoon while we (along with my Dad and both of my brothers) went on a river excursion on rip boards. So much fun! (pictures of this later I hope). Caleb did really well being away from us all afternoon, thanks mom! I was pleased that I was able to let great grampa Smurthwaite meet him, I think that he was glad too. (currently the only great grandchild...) I was also happy to see my aunts and uncles and how all of my cousins have grown! my brothers and sisters were so excited to see Caleb, all of them (even Oly and Sky) were always wanting to hold him and show him off as their 'nef'ew.
This trip represents many firsts for Caleb: first time meeting grandpa Bowthorpe and his aunts and uncles except for Sarah, first time on a boat, first time to the zoo, first time having to take a bottle, first time out of Idaho, etc. etc.
We returned back home here in Idaho on Monday and have been busy as bees since then. We have been doing this and that in preparation for the soon coming school year (aka filling out paperwork for financial aid). Tuesday and Thursday I went to help mom can green beans--a first for me;) It is Zucchini season, so we have been eating zucchini everything and I have been freezing zucchini to use throughout the year. Caleb has been trying out his social smile and is learning to play with me and copy facial expressions. what a cutie! In sum, we had a wonderful vacation, but we are glad to be back home, even Caleb is glad to be back.
1 comment:
Emily! How wonderful to hear from you. I confess, I have been keeping up on you through Jonnie & Marlise's blog. But I was so excited to hear that you had your darling little boy. He is adorable, and you seem to be taking motherhood in stride - that's great! I'll be sure to keep checking your blog to stay in the loop! Take care! Emily
Post a Comment