So, we have lived in our house for over 4 years. It's been a good house! When we moved in everything from the carpet to the light fixtures was original to the house. (orange swirly carpet, handles in the middle of the cupboards, etc.) One of the great original features of this house was a double oven. How incredible is that! Unfortunately, the guy we bought the house from told us that the upper over doesn't work. He figured one of the heating elements had gone bad or something. Over the years Devin had tried to figure out how to fix it multiple times with no success. The particular brand of oven that we have no longer exists, the sticker with the model number is burned beyond readability, etc. Darn. At least the other oven works. Basically the upper oven has been a decorative fixture. Remember that because I will be coming back to it...
Well last Tuesday our washing machine broke. Yes, it happened on my birthday. Devin took a quick look at it that day, but couldn't figure it out. This morning I was with some friends and I happened to mention how I currently had a broken washing machine and I hoped Devin would be able to fix it today. My friend responded by telling me that her husband was a washer repairman and he would be happy to come take a look at it. Really! Great! So, this fine brother from our ward came over and within minutes of taking the front off of the washer knew how to fix it! Yahoo.
So, jokingly I asked if he fixed ovens too. He said he did. So we went over to the oven. He asked questions and turned knobs a bit. He told us why he did not think the problem was the heat element. Then Devin showed him how the timer does work and we talked about how supposedly there is a 'start time' 'stop time' feature on this oven and fiddled with those knobs. That was all it took. Oven fixed! All these years the problem was the start time stop time feature being turned wrong! NO WAY! All this time I had two working ovens and I only have been using one! I then asked if I could make him some brownies in my now fully functioning oven.
What an awesome guy! He fixed my washer and my oven in under an hour. Out of the goodness of his heart! I love nice people! What a service!
So, today's list is a list of Double Blessings!
-two working ovens
-washer and oven fixed in the same day
-two children
-a furnace and a fireplace
-a fridge and a freezer
-slippers and fuzzy socks
-his car and her car
-a sink and a dishwasher
-mom and dad
-gramma and grampa
-cell phones and internet
-scripture and prayer
How many times in life to we go around not even realizing what we have! There are so many blessing we are given daily that we don't even know about. Sometimes God gives us blessings and we are just to stubborn or prideful to notice or accept. This experience has reminded me that I need to be grateful for the blessings that I don't see.
1 comment:
I love this! Thanks for the happy reminder!
Post a Comment