March in a nutshell

I feel that it is best to begin this blog with what is going on right now, and not try to fill in too far back in the past.
What a busy month March was for us. I was going to school full time, Devin working in Driggs everyday (about an hour east of where we live), and baby beginning to really really make himself known. We sort of missed St. Patty's day in our family this year because I was having some complications with my pregnancy. I guess you could say that baby and I had a little argument over space, things are getting a little cramped inside...The uterus had blocked my kidney from draining into my bladder. It was pretty painful, my doctor teased that labor should be a walk in the park after that. March 18 (when we finally figured out what was making me hurt so much) I had emergency surgery in Idaho Falls to correct the problem. In a way it was a relief to have that taken care of, in the mean time I am recovering from surgery and I have only two weeks left in the semester. Mom to the rescue, both my mom and my sweetheart's mom were champions in our time of need. Devin's mom took work off for March 19 so that she could stay the night in the hospital and take care of me while Devin went to work. My mom came up after my cousin's wedding and took care of me for the next several days. As Easter approached the rest of my family followed my mom up, and we were all together for Easter Sunday.
The last two weeks of the semester were crazy for me. My teachers were all wonderful about helping me finish the semester even though I had missed a whole week and had little time to get much make up work done. The important part is that I finished, and passed all of my classes. (With baby coming I am really not at all interested in doing a semester over again.)
My sweetheart Devin has been working construction in Driggs for most of these last four months, in exception of the days that weather prevented the road from being open (any of you that want to know what winter can really be like call and I will let you know) or when I was too under the weather to take care of myself. He is always busy and is super about doing anything he can to help me when I have late night homework or am feeling icky.
Baby is sure growing. He loves his daddy. I know that he recognizes Devin's voice, and Devin likes to put his hand or face next to my tummy and feel him kick.
I have just spent a week in Utah with my family, and I feel like I have finally had a chance to relax and recuperate after surgery. Aunt Lynzee and Aunt Breanna have had a chance to feel their nephew kicking, and are gearing up to becoming Aunties. Thankfully baby has been resting more lately, which means I get more rest too. I am looking forward to the next several weeks where I can practice being a housewife for the first time and prepare for baby's arrival.

No comments: